Sunday, July 15, 2007

23 Years sounds like a long time

but with my husband it has been 23 long years of so much adventure and happiness. We are very spontaneous and still very much enjoy being with each other. We travel, camp, 2nd hand shop, and follow all of our boys activities.

Carroll loves to DJ and I love to scrapbook. He supports my schooling and I support his training. He is always certifying in something or another with his job as a correctional officer. I have taught for over 12 years. So I earned my Bachelor's and tons of other classes while married. I am now getting my Master's and a Reading Certification in December. I am only 6 hours from a Master's plus 30.

We watch our boys dance, laugh, play ball, watch them in plays, fish, swim, scuba dive, and even sleep. We have followed Chad across the country to his different army stations.

We love to watch movies and eat out. Sometimes we just ride around so we can chat and be alone together. Every afternoon we can we send the boys to walk the dog or ride their bikes just to spend time together. We laugh and giggle so much. When I need to cry I know he will be there. If I am changing classrooms or schools, he always helps me set up.

Ohhh and the back rubs are worth their weight in gold. We cook for each other. Whoever has the less amount of work or the most rested, cooks. But then there is the once every year or so we started to run off for the evening or the weekend. Boy those are such NICE weekends!! Even 4th of July fireworks with Carroll are more magical. So car shopping, weekend getaways, Native American dancing, or even sneaking away for a snowball ...... it really doesn't matter what Carroll or I do, we always seem to find happiness and love.

No comments: